Discussion “Latvia – as the New Home for Global FinTech”
On 9 December 2021, the Financial and Capital Market Commission (FCMC) with FinTech sector partners held an online discussion "Latvia – as the New Home for Global FinTech".
In the discussion, representatives of European and Latvian FinTech companies and industry experts discussed advantages and challenges of the Latvian FinTech ecosystem and opportunities to develop business by obtaining an operating licence in Latvia.
The first part of discussion was chaired by Darja Dubiņina, CEO at Crassula.
- Renāts Lokomets, Strategical Partner at Venture Faculty
- Andrejs Bosko, Board Member at the Association of Latvian Payment and Electronic Money Service Providers
- Guntars Gudermanis, Member of the Board at SIA Paysera Latvia
- Marine Krasovska, Director of Financial Innovation Department of the FCMC
- Mats Taraldsson, Head of Innovation, Fintech and Impact-tech Engagement at Mastercard Nordics and Baltics
- Johan Modenius, Head of Banking Relationship at Mastercard Nordics & Baltics
The second part of discussion was chaired by Marine Krasovska, Director of Financial Innovation Department of the FCMC.
- Mārtiņš Valters, co-founder of SIA Mintos Payments and AS Mintos Marketplace
- Staņislavs Siņakovičs, Head of Sales and Regional Development of LPB Bank
- Ivan Zhiznevskiy, Managing Director of 3S Money
- Agnese Alaine, Head of Licensing Division of the FCMC
- Sandra Mielava, Head of Non-Banking Audit Division of the FCMC
The discussion was organised by the FCMC in cooperation with the Association of Latvian Payment and Electronic Money Service Providers, “Venture Faculty” and the initiative “House of Fintech”.